Georgetown University has two student centers that anchor the campus: the Leavey Center and the Healey Family Student Center.
The Thomas & Dorothy Leavey Center, also known as the student center, is a 255,000-square-foot structure providing recreational and meeting places for students, faculty and staff, as well as a 146 room hotel and conference center and various eating facilities.
The Healey Family Student Center is one of the newest additions to the Georgetown University campus and adds to a more vibrant student life on campus. The student center opened in September 2014 and provides and supports a welcoming environment, activities, and services that promote community, contemplation, individual growth, and responsible citizenship.
The student center includes over 44,000 square feet of student programming and social space. Amenities in the space include:
- The Bulldog Tavern – a full-service campus restaurant and bar by the Bon Appetit
- Management Company
- The Hilltoss – a salad and smoothie location operated by The Corp
- A Great Room with a fireplace hearth, couches, and study tables
- Campus Information Services Center
- Meeting Space, including a 2500 square foot Social Room
- A Living Green Wall
- TV lounge
- Music Practice Rooms
- Dance Studios
- Film Screening Classroom
- Study Space
- An outdoor terrace equipped with fire pits and seating that overlook the Potomac River